Wednesday, March 04, 2020

Day 7 - What am I responsible for?

This is a question which I have been puzzling over ... It's a question which is a factual one but it is also one which could have a never ending answer ... where do I stop?!

In trying to figure this out I think there are more than a few areas where I have responsibility


Myself - I'm responsible for my body, mind and spirit - my actions, my thoughts and my spiritual well being

As a husband

As a son and brother  to my wider family

As a Child of God  - The commitments I have made in faith - Baptismal, Confirmation and Ordination vows

The work I do - I have responsibilities I have committed to as part of that work.

As a leader - who am I responsible for and to - and what am I doing with that responsibility?

The tasks I have agreed to do in the wider community - locally and nationally.

As a citizen of this country - I have responsibilities - to pay my taxes, to abide by the laws of the land

As a human being - I have responsibilities to look after others and their rights as well as protecting the world


We are responsible people - Are there particular responsibilities that you need to give up - things that are taking up to much of your time that you need to say no to in order to be responsible in other areas right now?

What responsibilities need to increase now - what do you need to give a bit more time to in this season of life?

What's your vision for life? - What investment of responsibilities do you need to make in this season?


Another way to answer this is to say
1. I Am Responsible For My Body
2. I Am Responsible For My Words
3. I Am Responsible for My Thoughts
4. I Am Responsible for My Emotions
5. I Am Responsible for My Behavior
all of us are - and we need to remember that in any given situation we can build ourselves and others up or tear down using our body, our words, our thought patterns, our emotions and our behaviour.

How am I using my responsibility today for Good?



No comments: