Saturday, March 07, 2020

Day 10 - How is my Witness?

This is another strangely worded question

but it asks a question we don't normally ask

by my witness - I am thinking about how others see me, about the integrity of being a Christ Follower - is the message of Christ and my actions towards those I come in contact with compatible and also are there areas I need to work on?




The Holy Communion service begins with a reminder of the great commandment

Love God, Love neighbour

That is a summary of the Law.

When we look back many centuries - Christians struggle with bringing these things together but when they do - there is great things that can be done. Of course the opposite is true when we love God so much but fail to love neighbour there is great zeal yes but huge problems could prevail.

or when we love people but fail to live up to God's standards in other areas there is great pain caused.

Therefore this is very much a lenten question

Where is the dissonance between what I say I believe and what I actually do with those beliefs?

Does that make sense?


I suppose the other thing is that a witness is only useful when they testify - when they say what they have seen, heard, experienced. When was the last time you've done that? It takes courage and determination to do that!

No comments: