Thursday, March 12, 2020

Day 14 - Where is there hatred in my life?

Part of the 40days40questions series

this is another Lenten question

its about self examination and removing stuff that doesn't need to be there

The Bible is very clear

Hatred stirs up quarrels, but love covers all offenses. Proverbs 10:12
"You have heard that the law of Moses says, `Love your neighbor' and hate your enemies. But I say, love your enemy! Pray for those who persecute you! In that way, you will be acting as true children of your Father in heaven. For he gives his sunlight to both the evil and the good, and he sends rain on the just and on the unjust, too." Matthew 5:43-44
With Hatred as well as a load of other things I turn as an illustration to the computer - and it's processor - I hate it when this comes up - It means I can't do the things I want to do because I don't have enough memory space to do them! 

My brain does have limited capacity! ... and my days have limited time ... and my earthly life is ultimately limited too therefore I need to be careful how I use my resources - are they going to be taken up with hatred - That certainly is an option but not a great one considering the beauty, the love and the other amazing things in this world. 

Does that make sense?  what hatred do I need to get rid off?  

Certainly that's my simplistic thought around this - its all a case of resource management in the brain ;-) 


No comments: