Tuesday, November 01, 2022

10 Years ... Where has the time gone?

 A couple of days ago I realised that 10 years have passed since I arrived in Carrigrohane Union - they seem to have floated by in an instant! 

Maybe now is the time to get back into blogging - its been a while. 

Look back and looking forward is something I've encouraged others to do quite a bit as part of sermons but its something when we live in the present that I know I don't do all that often but well ... here goes. 

In the past 10 years ... my word has seen so much change - so many mountain-top experiences and some deep valley lows as well 

From arriving here in Blarney and building up a whole new set of friends, parishioners, colleagues, and acquaintances & obviously meeting my beloved Noelle. 

There have also been so many developments - in the parish down through the years there's been lots - from simple things to grand projects 

Then there are obviously those difficult, dark days of sorrow on the death of loved one's both family and friends. The challenging days of Covid and other things 

10 years is quite a while to reflect upon 

10 years of sermons, Bible Studies, conversations, emails, coffee cups, staff meetings, vision groups, phone calls, keeping in touch, walks, car journeys, shopping trips, Facebook posts, meals ... 

It's incredible to think about what has been accomplished but also the amount that still needs to be done. 

All in all - I'm so thankful to God for his call to be in this place - with all its highlights and also the people I get to call family and friends

I'm thankful for the times he has brought/carried me through. 

What a privilege .... and looking forward so much to the years ahead 

Loads of stuff to do. 



No comments: