Friday, August 19, 2022

Let's begin blogging again - Family Ministry (if that's even the right term)

 The past few years haven't seen this blog do very much other than sit here.

It's not that nothing has been happening - by no means - there seems to have been too much! and too little time but maybe now is the time to get started again. 

This week in our wee corner of the world - I've had the privilege of being part of various meetings & conversations looking at the topic of what we are doing for families of all sorts in the Parish. 

Toddlers, youth stuff, our ukrianian friends and a few other things thrown in. 

I love meeting people with the creativity, insight, faith and time to devote energy, enthusiasm and heart into current and new ministries. 

I'm looking forward to seeing what comes from these encounters over the next few months and even years. 

How the church welcomes families, kids and others is vitally important. 

Earlier today, coming from a meeting about this I was struck by something I heard on the radio about kids and church and how people were saying that they shouldn't be in funerals and wedding and when it came to other church services they just don't know if they should be there at all. 

I'm glad I was driving or I might have been tempted to ring into the station and give a bit of my mind 

I very much want to say in this parish - Children are very welcome! 

Jesus himself said - Let the Children come to me - for such belongs the Kingdom of God. 

Yes, parents need support to be able to feel they can come and go but they do need to feel welcome and supported in church. 

I love this image I came across a few years ago: 




A little bit of a rant but all are welcome in any of our services in the union of parishes. 

As are any age of people!




RF 

No comments: