Friday, February 28, 2020

Day 3 - How is you Relationship with God?

Part of a lenten series looking at 40 questions on the monday-saturdays in Lent 

Where do I start on this one? ... It's a whole lifetime of thinking about and getting to know him. So often I look at others who seem to have a much more intimate relationship with God and I think how do they do it?!

Anyone reading this will have their own picture in mind of God - The Bible gives us all sorts of imagery about who God is

Almighty, Judge, Friend, Father, Jesus, Holy Spirit to name only a few

How we view even one of these titles for God will depend upon our own experiences of earthly equivalents

When I process this question about how is my relationship with God is ...  I'm thinking in terms of two way communication

I'm thinking about the quality of time

I'm thinking about my quiet times and how open I am to hear from God and to do the things I need to do for him.

One of the things I keep coming back to is a devotional text - the Father's love Letter which takes some of the things written in scripture as a reminder of the Love God has for us ... for me its a great place to start to think about our relationship with God.




No comments: