Monday, January 21, 2013

Prayer Post #4 - Journaling prayers

Journaling is a way have found useful from time to time to pray ... especially at times of decisions, big issues or simply when I find prayer difficult.

Journaling is basically writing stuff down on paper. Ideas, topics, prayer pointers and praying through them. As you write you pray.

Again all of this is ... as with anything on the blog is simply my own experience, my ramblings but if they help in any small way then feel free to take, use and adapt.

For me, I like to have a notebook set aside for the purpose of prayer and simply begin writing. Usually when I would use this form of prayer I'd begin ...


Dear Lord ... and simply write out the issues and how I'm feeling and the way I see things developing.

It has been great to look back over the years at some of the places I have been in prayer ... the times when things have been difficult and seeing God's guidance in what has been uncertain times. I am not an organised person but taking the discipline of sitting down and writing out prayers has in different seasons been a good discipline and one which I do return to now and again.

Again ... it's another idea

This is the fourth in the Prayer Series as we look at the topic of prayer in Carrigrohane Union during these days.

Have you any experience of Journalling ... any advantages of it? have you anything to add?
Feel free to email / comment


No comments: