Sunday, January 11, 2009

The week to come

It is quite funny how many weeks go by without thinking ... then you get one which is important and you think ... o crumbs how did we get to this week now ... I thought it was a long way off ... but its here.

OK, maybe I am just rambling now, but this week is an important week for all of us final years in college - it is the week of the interviews. On Tues and Wednesday this week a bus full of rectors from all over Ireland will descend on college and interview us lot.

What will they be asking? - You never know!

It is quite bizarre feeling really - I know that God has called me, that he will equip me with all I need, and am totally reliant on him. There will be big decisions to be made in the next week but at the moment I can honestly say I have a tremendous peace about it. God is in control and that is absolutely fantastic. There is no place I'd rather be.

Please do pray for all of us final years in college (or the Institute!) at the moment and the rectors from the curacies.

My major prayer points at the beginning of this week are:
  • That God would open doors wide and shut others tightly
  • That all of us would keep the bond of friendship and fellowship that we have had throughout the years in college
  • That rectors and students would have open and honest discussions during the interviews.
  • That all involved in the process would be guided by the Holy Spirit.

Robert

1 comment:

Gary said...

We were praying for you tonight in St Elizabeth's. Hard to imagine it's a year since I was anticipating this 'fun' week! The Lord bless you.