Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Election


I don't know if its just because I am tucked nicely away in a quiet street but I have only had one wee bit of paper through the door from a political party (not that I am complaining). There are plenty of posters to tell me the options!

Tomorrow night, Thurs 29th at 7:30 Willowfield parish church is hosting a hustings event ... I had no idea what such an event is ... but it is amazing what happens when you "google it" it explains everything.

Anyway some of the candidates will be there taking questions from the floor chaired by the rector Canon David McClay. I look forward to see what they all have to say for themselves!

We got talking in Bible Study tonight about the importance of praying through our options. The election is indeed important. On this blog / talking to people I WILL NEVER get party political but we must remember that we do have the freedom to vote, that freedom has always been fought & won for therefore we need to inform ourselves of the options and the policies and make a choice.

Our politicians are important, we are told that we are to pray for them. This is really really important --> what they do & say affects the jobs, healthcare, security, education ... of our nation. On the run up to this elections Christians can have a major part to play in voting & then in the leadership. On May 6th we have influence ... let us use our vote!

No comments: