Sunday, February 22, 2009

Welcomed to St. Columba's

Well, there we go... Just writing this blog after a morning in in the new parish of St. Columbas - meeting the parishioners and generally chatting to people.

It was all pretty relaxed.

John asked me to introduce myself at the 8:15 Holy communion and then mum, dad and I headed back for breakfast at the Rectory which as great. It was quite funny at breakfast when john was commenting that he had read on the church of ireland website that ordinands were getting their heads shaved for charity and the proceeded to ask me if I was ... to which I replied I was... but hadn't told mum and dad about it ... hehehe

:-)

Oh yes ... the head shaving is taking place on Tuesday night ... the charity is USPG who are helping a hospital in sw Zambia a very worthwhile cause run by the anglican church. I encountered the guy who was responsible for setting it up on my last trip to Zambia at St. Johns Seminary. A great guy!

so it is now all systems go as I am in transit towards Monaghan. where I am preaching tonight ... Sermon will be uploaded after the service.

More Photos during the week.

Oh yes and for lent I am joinning the parishioners in St. Columbas taking part in livelent


I'll let you know how I Get on over the next few days

No comments: