Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Purpose Blog #1 - some things to listen to

It's amazing how things work out ... The first set of readings in Purpose Driven Life .. the book which I set out out on this week to look at (See previous blog) are under the title of "What on earth am I here for?"

Truth be told over the past few days I haven't managed to sit down and read anything! But I have been listening to a few things during quiet time which have been very helpful in looking at the question from 2 people and I share these with you simply as reminders of what God is up to and what he might be doing in our midst and we're not even aware of it... they are all linked to purpose and living out John 10:10 - Jesus said A thief comes to kill and destroy ... but I have come so that you may have life and have it more abundantly. A very important lesson for all of us today.

Both of these audios are from Willowfield Parish Church recently - The first is from someone who is working with Christians Against Poverty who has seen their life transformed by God.

The Second is a sermon preached by George Newell ... who is seeing lives transformed by God in community in East Belfast


No comments: